Tuesday, August 26, 2008

From Kathmandu to You

I’m comfortably ensconced in The Valley Guesthouse in Kathmandu, Nepal. Caren Ewart and I arrived yesterday. Caren is Eric Triebelhorn’s mother. Eric is due out of a 3-year retreat at Bokar Monastery in Mirik, India on September 9th.

We’re in Nepal to see a school that Caren is helping to build through the Room to Read Program. Unfortunately, we’ll have to settle for a visit to a similar school, nearer Kathmandu, where we’ll visit on September 2, the day before we leave for India.



If you’re ever in Kathmandu (don’t laugh, I never thought I’d be here once, and this is my second trip) I highly recommend The Valley Guesthouse. We each have a suite with adjoining balconies for about $35 per night, including breakfast. There is a spectacular view of the Boudha stupa and the mountains from the rooftop dining and reading area. The guesthouse is located right behind Thrangu Monastery, so we’re awakened every morning by the monks’ chanting.

No comments: